PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd offers project management from initiation to close-out of a project. Our aim is to implement cost control mechanisms from pre-contract stage through to project close-out stage which will increase transparency of the contractual requirements, eliminate risk, indicate current financial position and eliminate wasteful expenditure on the development.
Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd has an extensive pool of resources and expertise that enables us to meet anticipated deadlines while providing high quality and affordable services. Our team treats each of our projects with full commitment and diligence.
We believe that the appointment of Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd for your project will have far-reaching benefits and play a constructive and meaningful role in achieving your objectives.
A new wave of residential maintenance cost management has arrived
We have been involved in major retail and commercial developments in the past where we provided cost management services on the development from feasibility stage through to project close-out. Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd is now excited to announce that we are bringing that unique set of skills and expertise that was previously reserved only for larger developments, to the residential market. Our aim is to provide high quality and affordable services that will save you money today but generate your money over time by increasing the value of your property.
Scope of services
- Assist in developing a clear project brief to mitigate risk to client.
- Attend project initiation meetings.
- Advise on the procurement policy for the project.
- Advise on the roles of other professional consultants and services required.
- Review and evaluate design, outline specifications and exercise cost control.
- Preparing documentation for procurement.
- Preparation of detailed Bill of Quantities sent out to tender.
- Preparation of tender documentation, and sending the project out to tender.
- Evaluation of tender submissions.
- Assist with the preparation of contract documentation for signature.
- Preparation of budget for construction costs.
- Priced contract documentation.
- Attend site hand-over.
- Prepare schedules of predicated cash flow.
- Prepare pro-active estimates for proposed variations for client decision making.
- Attend regular site, technical and progress meetings to co-ordinate work.
- Project management of works.
- Adjudicate and resolve financial claims by the contractor/s.
- Establish and maintain a financial control system.
- Prepare valuations for payment certificates to indicate value of work to be paid.
- Prepare final accounts for the works on a progressive basis.
- Conclude final accounts with contractors.
- Close out project and hand-over.
Benefits to the client as a result of our appointment as cost and project managers
- Expert involvement: Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd is a registered Professional Quantity Surveying practice and is registered with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession. Our appointment, documentation and role on the project will be welcomed and endorsed by all investment, financial and regulatory bodies. We have professional indemnity cover in place to safeguard the clients’ interests.
- Financial transparency: control of budget at all times.
- JBCC and contractual obligations completed and monitored by a Quantity Surveyor: reduces risk to client.
- Actual budget is known and fixed at the start of the project: reduces risk to project completion.
- Value engineering: exercises carried out in order to save costs and optimise value/functionality before and during construction.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities: results in an equal basis for contractors to price project scope. Best possible project cost identified.
- Rate and tender adjudication done before appointment of contractor: analysis of rates, qualifications, exclusions, programme and contractor capability reduces risk to project.
- Appointment of contractor and preparation of the relevant contract documents according to JBCC: method for risk control and recourse in breach by contractor.
- Interrogation of contractor’s monthly claims and preparation of payment certificates: client only pays for actual work done. Site instructions, P&G costs, delay claims, etc. are assessed monthly.
- Monthly cost reporting: results in transparency and confirmation of current financial situation to client.
- Final account agreement and sign-off with contractor: results in client only paying for actual work done throughout the project.
- Minimising variations and scope creep: contractor claims are interrogated and adjudicated in order to avoid budget over-runs.
- Project completed within budget and time: affects capital outlay and return on investment.
Project execution plan
- Scope review and confirmation.
- To ensure that the client is receiving the best possible price and that the tenderers are all pricing on the same scope i.e. “apples for apples”, Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will produce a detailed Bill of Quantities which we will then send out to tender. This will outline the full scope of work and allow the tenderers to price accurately.
- When the tender closes and all submissions are received Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will carry out an adjudication and analysis. This is crucial as here we will analyse the tenderers rates and competency to handle the scope of work. The tenderer who satisfies all financial and technical criteria is then appointed and you will know the cost of the project upfront for capex purposes.
- Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will then draw up a detailed Contract Document according to the JBCC principles. This will safeguard the trustees from any risk.
- Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will provide project and cost management services on the entire project. We will monitor the contractor and control the project until close-out.
- Due to the complicated nature of the projects there are bound to be unanticipated items that will surface as we proceed. Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will adjudicate all claims for extras received by the contractor and advise on what is rightfully due for payment and when it is due.
- Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will monitor and control the financial standing of the project at all times. We will provide cost reports and payment certificates to ensure that the client is always updated regarding the financial position of the project.
- Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will review and adjudicate all contractual and programme related claims by the contractor.
- Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will agree and sign-off all final accounts with the contractors and close out the project.
- Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd will hand over the building to you with a project close out report indicating financial status of the project and other relevant documentation.
A property is the single greatest asset that most people will own in their lifetime. We therefore give you the peace of mind to trust in professionals who will assist you by applying unique systems and methods with expert knowledge to maintain your assets and increase its value over time.
Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd is a registered Quantity Surveying practice and complies with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession’s requirements as set out in Section 4 of the Code of Professional Conduct as published in the Government Gazette.
We trust that you find the above in order, however should you have any queries please feel free to contact us.
… Your DREAM is our PROJECT SOLUTIONS…