Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd offers a crucial service in new developments and in maintenance projects prior to the awarding of practical completion, project closure and hand-over. Snagging is a term used in construction to describe the evaluation of works done on a completed project to verify quality, method of execution and potential defects or poor workmanship, prior to the hand-over of the project to the client and the settlement of the final project payment.
A new wave of residential development and maintenance cost management has arrived
We have been involved in major retail and commercial developments in the past where we provided cost management services on the development from feasibility stage through to project close out. Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd is now excited to announce that we are bringing that unique set of skills and expertise that was previously reserved only for larger developments to the residential market. Our aim is to provide high quality and affordable services that will save you money today but generate your money over time by increasing the value of your property.
What do such inspections entail and how are they beneficial?
Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd performs snag inspections wherein a list of defects and/or omissions in the works is recorded with the intention to rectify such prior to project hand-over and closure. The inspections are performed by our team’s qualified consultants, who specialise in building technology, processes and systems, and are able to professionally and accurately assess the works. Generally, such inspections are done prior to certification of practical completion, once a contractor deems the development or an area thereof to be completed. This list is then transferred to the contractor to rectify prior to practical completion of the project or an area thereof.
These inspections are vital on any and all projects, and are inclusively beneficial to:
- New developments and renovation projects prior to issuing the practical completion certification and final payment.
- Maintenance, restoration and repair projects
- A team of our consultants will conscientiously examine the executed works according to trade, for example: tiling, paintwork, plastering, the installation of windows, carpets, etc.
- For the work examined in each trade, we will assess the condition of the items, the workmanship and procedure used in installation, and any defects, incomplete areas, omissions or poor workmanship: this information will be recorded along with photographic records.
- After the inspection, a detailed report will be prepared, highlighting the areas of the works that require remedy, and which can be transferred to the project works executioners for rectification.
- This report will include a comprehensive assessment of the condition of the items, photographic records of the works, and a detailed list of areas of the works to be rectified.
What makes Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd unique?
- We are Registered Professional Quantity Surveyors.
- We have the necessary qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management and Building in order to understand and perfect our mandate.
- We have expert knowledge in construction methods, contracts, budgeting, construction management, sustainability and property development which puts Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd in the best position to provide financial advice with regard to property maintenance.
- We are a member of a professional body that is regulated by South African legislation.
- We have professional membership with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession.
- Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd is a registered and accredited Quantity Surveying Practice.
- We offer comprehensive, non-generic, project-specific systems and procedures that are practical and customised yet simple to understand and implement.
- We are a professional practice that is committed to providing high quality yet affordable service that will save you money today but generate your money over time by increasing the value of your
Our cost structure is formulated using core professional Quantity Surveying principles and the latest technology in order to provide the client with maximum value.
Please complete the inquiry from below in order for us to provide you with a quotation.
A property is the single greatest asset that most people will own in their lifetime. We therefore give you the peace of mind to trust in professionals who will assist you by applying unique systems and methods with expert knowledge to maintain your assets and increase its value over time.
Dream Project Solutions (Pty) Ltd is a registered Quantity Surveying practice and complies with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession requirements as set out in Section 4 of the Code of Professional Conduct as published in the Government Gazette.
We trust that you find the above in order however should you have any queries please feel free to contact us.
…Your DREAM is our PROJECT SOLUTIONS…